Art by: corpsecutie on instagram, erikathegoober on instagram, arabird_art on instagram
Pippa Locksley was born the youngest daughter of two innkeepers in Northern Taldor. She’s 35 years old and the “mom” friend. She isn’t overly fond of camping, but loves to travel. She’s a bit vain, very prideful and curious to a fault. She’s more of a con artist than a traditional thief – she swindles the hell out of most nobles and rich folks she encounters. If there’s something she really wants though, she’ll find a way to get it!
More importantly, Pippa’s a bit of a do-gooder and often involves herself in trouble in the towns she and her companions visit out of a sense of frontier justice and a distrust that nobles will actually protect the people under their rule.
Player: Abbie Lammel
Actor: Natalie Dormer
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Character Class: Rogue
Current Level: 4
Birthday: Oathday, Rova 22 4678 AR
Weight: 73 lb
Most laws exist to protect and enforce the status of those in power, and breaking them in the service of regular people or mine and my companions comfort (preferably both) is the right thing to do.
- Pippa protects her own above all others. From her informants to her landlady in her townhouse in the capital city to her butler to the guy who fences her “repatriated” artifacts she takes an interest in their lives and troubles.
- Pippa is prideful. She knows she’s worth about 10 of any mark or enemy she comes across.
- She believes in eye for an eye justice, and if someone has been wronged in her view she will extract exact punishment
- Sorcerers and wizards are Trouble, and should be given a wide berth. However, magic is wondrous and fascinating and strange.
- If she can’t do something smart, Pippa will do something right
Odessa proved herself a trustworthy ally and a good friend to me when she helped me out of a rough spot a few weeks ago. I want to prove myself and equally trustworthy friend to her as we continue to travel together. I’m really, really, REALLY curious about Odessa’s “gun”. I want her to let me fire it. Just once. Abraxas is a fascinating combination of ferocity and guilelessness that I find precious and worth protecting. I want to teach him about my world, but not let it touch him too much. – Resolved I want to learn as much about him and his homeland as possible. I have always been fascinated by the wild north, and have never met a druid – I must know everything! Abraxas has told me much about his homeland in our weeks of travel together and now we are heading there. Something that fills me with both wonder and terror. I must remember that in this environment Abraxas knows more than I do and I have to let him lead and teach me now. Menet is like a character out of one of my mother’s stories! Strong, noble, open and brave – having her come with us makes me feel more able to come out of this adventure alive. She gives away money like it doesn’t matter and will bankrupt us quickly if I don’t keep an eye on it. Menet charged ahead of the party toward the sound of screams, which is a noble reaction, but a highly impractical one. I fear that one day she will either walk into a trap with no one able to reach her in time, or that she will give away our position at the wrong moment.
- Odessa has been struggling all this time with her addiction, and I was too blinded with my own ambitions to see the truth. I must try to be a better friend to her, and help her lance this wound at the core of her heart.
- My faith and own experience tells me that solace and blissful distraction can often be found in a night of passion with a beautiful lover – a sentiment I know Odessa shares. I should wingwoman her if we get an opportunity at a tavern where we aren’t being attacked by the proprietors.
- I must remember that in this environment and when dealing with magic, Abraxas knows far more than I and I must let him lead and teach me.
- I hope that while spending time in Abraxas’s presence and observing and speaking with him I can learn to accept and better control these changes to my nature, and the possibility of wilder heritage than I had thought.
- Abraxas has been so kind to me, allowing me to ride him when I can’t keep up and bolstering me in times of fear. I must think of something I can do to show him how much I appreciate his friendship – perhaps a giant pile of exotic meats?
- Menet gives away money like it doesn’t matter and will bankrupt us quickly if I don’t keep an eye on it.
- Menet is brave and true and good, and does nothing without cause or without reason. Of all of us, she is perhaps the most clear minded about our mission – I would do well to heed her instincts in the future and not let my past associations with priests and paladins cloud my judgement of her character.
- Menet recently confided in me that she is unused to this sort of fear in the face of such overwhelming danger and the odds that not all of us will make it to see this quest finished. I want to find a way to cheer her up, and remind her that she is more than equal to this task.
Artists: Corpsecutie on Instagram, maidfetish on Instagram, animositi on Instagram,
Odessa was raised mostly by her doting father in Absalom where her father was a world renowned blacksmith. Growing up she lived a pretty charmed life. It wasn’t until she hit her teens that things went sideways. A sudden tragedy caused Odessa to flee her home and leave her old life behind. From there she made her way to a brothel where she worked for quite some time before leaving to find her own way in the world.
Odessa is first and foremost very blunt, followed closely by her fearless nature. Those combined, she often gets herself into trouble. Due to a gun misfire as a small child Odessa is Deaf in her left ear, as a result she was given a magical teddy bear named Jim as a service animal. With her cotton candy pink hair and her adorable companion it may be hard to take her seriously, but you’d be foolish not to.
Player: Kay O’Connor
Actor: Holland Roden
Alignment: Lawful Good
Character Class: Gunslinger
Current Level: 4
Deity: Cayden Cailean
Birthday: Rova 7 4688 AR
Weight: 135 lb
Hair: Ever changing
Eyes: Heterochromia iridum Blue (L) Green (R)
Charm them before you harm them.
When in doubt knock them out.
Ally blood spilled will get them killed.
Emotions and fragility should be left to those with nothing better to do. Such things do nothing but cause trouble and put people at risk.
A skill that doubles as both a defense and a weapon.
Should be shown when circumstances call for it, but should be cast aside once the person in question has proved themselves unworthy of it.
This world is riddled with those who would do harm unto others. Those people should be dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Book 2 Bonds:
The transformation that Pippa is going through is going to require support. I don’t pretend to understand what is happening as magic is something I know so little about, but I do know she will need a friend. So while Abraxas and Menet can offer advice and training I can offer her a hand to hold, and a safe escape should she need it.
What a mess I’ve made with Menet. The world is falling down around us and I keep finding myself thinking about what could be with someone I barely know. Her words “I hope you’ll give us a chance” echo in my head when I look at her. But she is coming to terms with the gravity of the situation we have fallen into and has so much on her plate. The last thing I need to do is add anything more. I do not have skills to help me navigate the intricacy of what has happened between us. But I still can’t help but wonder what would happen if I was honest with myself… and with her.
The platonic intamacy of sharing a bed with Abraxas has saved me from myself more times that I care to admit. He has become a silent rock for me to brace myself against that keep my nightmares at bay. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to repay the gift of peace he’s given me, but I shall try.
After years of living inside an impenetrable shell that kept everyone at arms length I have begun to see cracks along the surface that let small truths slip through. Cayden has brought me to people who might give me the courage to live out in the light. Perhaps I can trust them with the truths that wreck my mind when I close my eyes. Maybe I don’t have to carry all this alone.
Book 1 Bonds:
- Pipa seems to get into a lot of trouble, I need to watch her back at all times
- Pipa’s heart is kind and true, I admire her drive to help others
- Abraxas seems to struggle in almost any social situation, I will fix that somehow
- Abraxas despite his struggle he is an ally that I can rely on
- Pippa and I have grown close over the last several months, I believe I can trust her and I hope she can trust me. We both seem to of suffered substantial loss and heartbreak at too young an age. Knowing this, I want her to be able to confide her troubles in me and mine to her. Together perhaps we can begin to heal.
- I am so completely out of my element. From the snow on the ground to a culture I do not understand, this is clearly not my expertise. As much as I hate to admit it, Pippa’s suggestion to follow Abraxas makes sense. I will do my best to swallow my pride and be the best I can be.
- I’ve made baby steps towards opening up and trusting my companions just as Cayden has commanded me, but I can’t seem to get over the larger hurdles. If I am ever going to have this divine curse lifted I will either need to embrace this forced honesty or convert to a new God. Wherein the latter isn’t really an option. Oh Cayden, why have you betrayed me so?
Artists featured: yeez_art on instagram, animositi on instagram
Menet is a half-Garundi, half-Varisian woman who has spent half of her life in Osirion, and half traveling with a Varisian caravan. As a working class child in Osirion, she learned of Khepri, who she worshipped devotedly from the moment she was given a choice. As a Paladin of Khepri, she fights for the working folk, those oppressed by the nobility and without the means to fight for themselves.
Menet has felt an undeniable wanderlust in her heart from a very young age. She adapts quickly to new terrains, and though she grew up under the harsh sun of Osirion, she’s just as comfortable in the colder climes of Irrisen.
Actor: Tiffany Haddish
Alignment: Lawful Good
Character Class: Paladin
Current Level: 4
Birthday: Abadius 20 4681 AR
Weight: 170 lb
Hair: Black and Curly
“At the end of the day, I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. If that makes me an outlaw, so be it. I’ve been called worse.” – Angela Parkhurst, Forget Me Not
“God made this money – the fresh air, too – for his children’s use. He never made the difference between poor and rich.” – Rebecca Harding Davis, Life in the Iron Mills and Other Stories
None who may be redeemed should be imprisoned, and none should be restricted by circumstance. Menet believes that only the most heinous criminals deserve to be in a cage, and even they may be redeemed under different circumstances.
Menet believes that all who live deserve that life, and deserve the basic necessities of life. Every person should be provided shelter, food, and healing, and she will do her best to help those who go without.
Born of the migratory Garundi and caravaneering Varisians, Menet’s proclivity for travel and adventure is in her blood. She feels most at home on the road, and especially in locales that differ greatly from Osirion.
Menet has never been a woman of prodigious means. She has cobbled together a suit of armor, acquired weaponry second-hand, and basically scraped by since birth. She knows she looks nothing like the shining Paladins of Iomedae or Desna, but she also knows that people look to her for hope. She will never show self-consciousness about her patchwork armor, nor her well-worn weapons, whether she feels distressed by them or not. She exudes confidence regardless of her circumstances, and hopes to inspire confidence in those she serves – the poor and downtrodden.
Abraxas seems to be grappling with his wolfy curse more than usual. I hope to help him cope with his feelings, even though there is little I can do to properly help him.
- Abraxas is conflicted about working with Baba Yaga, and I can understand why. I also have some trepidation considering that she is rumored to be evil. However, I believe that we can trust in the guidance of fate, and I hope to convince
- Abraxas that no matter what happens, we will find the power to stop Baba Yaga from controlling us further when it’s all over.
- Pippa and I have similar aims, I want to help her to reach her goals.
- Pippa has a hunger for wealth, I want to dissuade her from pursuing coin as it is a corrupting force. I believe we should both be aiming to dismantle the system that requires it and creates such disparity between people based on earthly goods.
- Odessa is sensitive under that hard outer shell, and I want to protect her from the things in the world that will cause her psychological or physical pain.
Hearing the words “my world kind of ended at 16” shocked and alarmed me. I couldn’t have guessed at what Odessa had been through. I knew it was nothing good from her emotional state, but to have everything so dramatically turned on its head… she must have endured a lot of pain. It has clearly contributed to her lack of self-worth. It will surely take time, but I want to help Odessa see her own value, and the value of living again.
Pippa and I have similar aims, I want to help her to reach her goals.– Retired Pippa has a hunger for wealth, I want to dissuade her from pursuing coin as it is a corrupting force. I believe we should both be aiming to dismantle the system that requires it and creates such disparity between people based on earthly goods.– Retired Odessa is sensitive under that hard outer shell, and I want to protect her from the things in the world that will cause her psychological or physical pain.– Resolved Odessa hides her feelings, I want to help her become comfortable being vulnerable, at least with her friends.– Resolved Abraxas is unabashedly himself, and I never want him to feel that he needs to be otherwise. I want to protect his innocence and prevent him from becoming self-conscious in a world that will judge him.-Resolved Abraxas is knowledgeable about nature and traveling through wild areas, I want to learn how to be as helpful when traveling outside of cities (and without wagons and the relative comfort of the caravan).– Resolved Abraxas’ knowledge of Irrisen will be invaluable in our journey. I should spend time comparing notes with him.-Retired