Odessa was raised mostly by her doting father in Absalom where her father was a world renowned blacksmith. Growing up she lived a pretty charmed life. It wasn’t until she hit her teens that things went sideways. A sudden tragedy caused Odessa to flee her home and leave her old life behind. From there she made her way to a brothel where she worked for quite some time before leaving to find her own way in the world.
Odessa is first and foremost very blunt, followed closely by her fearless nature. Those combined, she often gets herself into trouble. Due to a gun misfire as a small child Odessa is Deaf in her left ear, as a result she was given a magical teddy bear named Jim as a service animal. With her cotton candy pink hair and her adorable companion it may be hard to take her seriously, but you’d be foolish not to.
Player: Kay O’Connor
Actor: Holland Roden
Alignment: Lawful Good
Character Class: Gunslinger
Current Level: 1
Deity: Cayden Cailean
Birthday: Rova 7 4681 AR
Weight: 135 lb
Hair: Ever changing
Eyes: Heterochromia iridum Blue (L) Green (R)
Charm them before you harm them.
When in doubt knock them out.
Ally blood spilled will get them killed.
Emotions and fragility should be left to those with nothing better to do. Such things do nothing but cause trouble and put people at risk.
A skill that doubles as both a defense and a weapon.
Should be shown when circumstances call for it, but should be cast aside once the person in question has proved themselves unworthy of it.
This world is riddled with those who would do harm unto others. Those people should be dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Pipa seems to get into a lot of trouble, I need to watch her back at all times– RESOLVED
- Pipa’s heart is kind and true, I admire her drive to help others
- Abraxas seems to struggle in almost any social situation, I will fix that somehow
- Abraxas despite his struggle he is an ally that I can rely on.
- Pippa and I have grown close over the last several months, I believe I can trust her and I hope she can trust me. We both seem to of suffered substantial loss and heartbreak at too young an age. Knowing this, I want her to be able to confide her troubles in me and mine to her. Together perhaps we can begin to heal.
- I am so completely out of my element. From the snow on the ground to a culture I do not understand, this is clearly not my expertise. As much as I hate to admit it, Pippa’s suggestion to follow Abraxas makes sense. I will do my best to swallow my pride and be the best I can be.
- I’ve made baby steps towards opening up and trusting my companions just as Cayden has commanded me, but I can’t seem to get over the larger hurdles. If I am ever going to have this divine curse lifted I will either need to embrace this forced honesty or convert to a new God. Wherein the latter isn’t really an option. Oh Cayden, why have you betrayed me so?
Menet is a half-Garundi, half-Varisian woman who has spent half of her life in Osirion, and half traveling with a Varisian caravan. As a working class child in Osirion, she learned of Khepri, who she worshipped devotedly from the moment she was given a choice. As a Paladin of Khepri, she fights for the working folk, those oppressed by the nobility and without the means to fight for themselves.
Menet has felt an undeniable wanderlust in her heart from a very young age. She adapts quickly to new terrains, and though she grew up under the harsh sun of Osirion, she’s just as comfortable in the colder climes of Irrisen.
Player: Jessica Negin
Actor: Tiffany Haddish
Alignment: Lawful Good
Character Class: Palad
Current Level: 2
Birthday: Abadius 20 4681 AR
Weight: 170 lb
Hair: Black and Curly
“At the end of the day, I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. If that makes me an outlaw, so be it. I’ve been called worse.” – Angela Parkhurst, Forget Me Not
“God made this money – the fresh air, too – for his children’s use. He never made the difference between poor and rich.” – Rebecca Harding Davis, Life in the Iron Mills and Other Stories
None who may be redeemed should be imprisoned, and none should be restricted by circumstance. Menet believes that only the most heinous criminals deserve to be in a cage, and even they may be redeemed under different circumstances.
Menet believes that all who live deserve that life, and deserve the basic necessities of life. Every person should be provided shelter, food, and healing, and she will do her best to help those who go without.
Born of the migratory Garundi and caravaneering Varisians, Menet’s proclivity for travel and adventure is in her blood. She feels most at home on the road, and especially in locales that differ greatly from Osirion.
Menet has never been a woman of prodigious means. She has cobbled together a suit of armor, acquired weaponry second-hand, and basically scraped by since birth. She knows she looks nothing like the shining Paladins of Iomedae or Desna, but she also knows that people look to her for hope. She will never show self-consciousness about her patchwork armor, nor her well-worn weapons, whether she feels distressed by them or not. She exudes confidence regardless of her circumstances, and hopes to inspire confidence in those she serves – the poor and downtrodden.
- Pippa and I have similar aims, I want to help her to reach her goals.
- Pippa has a hunger for wealth, I want to dissuade her from pursuing coin as it is a corrupting force. I believe we should both be aiming to dismantle the system that requires it and creates such disparity between people based on earthly goods.
- Odessa is sensitive under that hard outer shell, and I want to protect her from the things in the world that will cause her psychological or physical pain.
- Odessa hides her feelings, I want to help her become comfortable being vulnerable, at least with her friends.
- Abraxas is unabashedly himself, and I never want him to feel that he needs to be otherwise. I want to protect his innocence and prevent him from becoming self-conscious in a world that will judge him.
Abraxas is knowledgeable about nature and traveling through wild areas, I want to learn how to be as helpful when traveling outside of cities (and without wagons and the relative comfort of the caravan).– Resolved
- Abraxas’ knowledge of Irrisen will be invaluable in our journey. I should spend time comparing notes with him.